Who can join?
CBN welcomes membership from all professionals working with or for bereaved children. Current CBN members include organisations such as hospices, schools, charities and training groups, and individuals such as social workers, faith leaders, funeral directors, teachers, counsellors and researchers.
By joining CBN, you can be involved in our campaigning to ensure that all children can access the help they need to manage the impact of death on their lives.
Within CBN, you can work in partnership with other members to create a resource across the UK for bereaved children, achieve consensus on key issues, improve practice and network with colleagues.
Other benefits of subscription include
- CBN new members' pack including a copy of Bereavement in Childhood - what do we know? to help you with funding proposals and service development
- Monthly members' webinars to share knowledge and learning
- A regular roundup of news, training opportunities, funding, resources and policy in the CBN email bulletin
- Discounts on CBN resources including postcards and films
- For organisational members, licence to use the Child Bereavement Service Questionnaires to evaluate your work
Annual membership fees
- £90 for large organisations (annual income £50,000 or more)
- £40 for small organisations (annual income under £50,000)
- £20 for individuals
- £10 for additional addresses for organisations already members.
To join CBN, all applicants are asked to pay the annual membership fee and to endorse CBN’s Vision and Aims, Belief Statement and Guidelines for Good Practice. These Guidelines provide a model framework for best practice.
Click here to apply for membership.