Our Growing in Grief Awareness programme is a a whole-school framework, free to primary and secondary, special and mainstream schools across the UK.
- a downloadable tool to audit current practice in promoting well-being among bereaved students, and developing the curriculum to prepare children to deal with bereavement
- an automatically populated action plan tailored to the school’s needs
- targeted resources to help address bereavement
- links to local and national specialist training and support organisations
The programme aims to help schools plan ahead to
- support pupils facing or following the death of someone important in their lives
- prepare pupils to manage loss and bereavement in their lives.
By working through the framework, schools can demonstrate that they are Growing in Grief Awareness and download a logo to show their commitment.
Click here to find out more.