Develop confidence and understanding with new skills and resources to appropriately support bereaved children and young people with learning disabilities.
- gain an understanding of the perception of death for a child or a young person with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- gain an understanding of theories of loss and mourning in relation to children or young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- develop greater confidence in providing support and communication about death with children or young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- identify the importance of, and gain skills in, helping children with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves, and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Child Bereavement UK
Venue: Clare Charity Centre Wycombe Road Saunderton Buckinghamshire HP14 3BF
Time: 10am - 4pm
For more information: please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.