Barnardos Child Bereavement Service, Belfast
If you have a desire to work therapeutically with children, young people and families in order to improve longer term outcomes for children and you are a qualified Social Worker (AYE completed), Children's Therapist/Counsellor, Youth & Community Worker, Art Therapist or equivalent, then Barnardo's would like to hear from you. We have a part time, permanent vacancy available (subject to funding).
We are looking for a suitably experienced member of staff who
- is passionate and interested in developing meaningful relationships with children, young people and adults;
- can work effectively as part of a wider team;
- can support vulnerable children, young people and families in their bereavement journey
- have strong communication and organisational skills and maintain a strengths based approach in all that they do;
- can appropriately and sensitively contain and challenge when necessary;
- are committed to ongoing professional development opportunities; and
- can work flexibly and creatively to meet the needs of children and young people and support their carers and other professionals.
The Child Bereavement Service post is 32 hours per week and permanent subject to funding.
As well as a comprehensive induction programme, regular supervision and training opportunities will also be available to the successful applicant. Please ensure you read the additional information for greater detail on available posts.
Salary: £23,545 - £31,833
Closing: 28 October 2020 at midnight
Interviews: Tuesday 10 November 2020
Interviews will take place via Zoom and there will be a short unseen presentation
For more information, please click here.
Stars, a Cambridgeshire children’s bereavement charity is seeking a qualified Child and Adolescent Counsellor to join our Board as a Clinical Trustee. STARS Counsellors are BACP registered and provide specialist pre and post-bereavement counselling and support to children and young people with guidance for families and professionals. We work in partnership with countywide schools, end of life care and young people’s organisations. We are adapting our service in response to increasing need following Covid-19 and would welcome clinical input into our active Board to guide us in these significant next stages of development. This is an advisory role and will not involve any clinical practice.
For further information, please contact Anne Streather at email@example.com or on 07962 006271 and we will be glad to hear from you.