We underpin our members’ work with essential support and representation: bringing them together across localities, disciplines and sectors to improve bereavement care for children and young people.
Collectively, we share a vision that all children and young people in the UK, together with their caregivers, can easily access a choice of high quality local and national information, guidance and support to enable them to manage the impact of death on their lives.
All CBN members have a role to play in making this vision a reality. By joining CBN, members aim to collaborate to
- improve the range and quality of bereavement support available to children, young people and those caring for them
- increase access to childhood bereavement information, guidance and support services.
What we do
Centrally, CBN acts as the keystone for our members’ partnership by
- advocating for bereaved children, young people and those supporting them, influencing policy and public understanding
- supporting professionals to find and share the knowledge and resources they need to deliver high quality, accessible bereavement care
- signposting families, professionals and the public to sources of bereavement support
- generating new ideas and approaches to improving bereavement care for children
- We are a listening and learning organisation
- We inform our work by the experience of children, young people, their families and those supporting them and the evidence from research
- We add value to our members’ efforts
- We work collaboratively both nationally and internationally