During times of public mourning, feelings of private grief or personal bereavements may surface for children and young people. They may also have questions about what has happened.
Please find the following links to help support the children and young people you support, whether as a parent, a family member, a teacher, or a friend.
Support for children and young people
- Winston’s Wish has resources about the death of the Queen and how to talk to children and young people about what is happening.
- Child Bereavement UK has resources to help you explain about death and dying to children and young people.
- BBC Newsround also has advice if children are upset by the news.
- Place2Be has tips for parents about supporting your child when someone well-known dies
- More broadly, Cruse Bereavement Support has information about grief for the Queen and about collective grief.
This webpage will be updated with any further resources and support over the next few weeks. Last updated 13 September 2022.